Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Local SQL Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude800

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2006
US
I am going out of town and I am trying to take a local copy of the SQL databases, when I am trying to create a new SQL registration (local) or (IT-201) "which is my local machine", I do not have the option. When I type the name and authenticate using windows just hangs.. How can I create a local sql registration.. Thanks for your assistance.

Jimmy.

What exactly are you trying to do?

It sounds to me like you are trying to load a database onto a laptop. Is that correct? If so,

What operating system is the laptop?
Do you have SQL Server installed on the laptop?
What version do you have installed or are trying to install? (version is not just SQL Server 2000 or 2005. It's also the edition - Enterprise Edition, Standard, etc....)

More guessing...maybe you have attempted to install SQL Server onto your laptop and have opened Enterprise Manager but cannot register SQL Server. If this is the case, you probably did not load SQL Server and only got the CLIENT TOOLS installed.

Again, give us more details.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back