Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Linux Avaya Application Server and Xima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qzwsa

Technical User
Sep 26, 2011
CA
Hey Folks. Anyone out there have a Linux server running the Avaya Application server software for one-x and VMpro, with the Xima Linux software running on it as well? We've just started with Xima and after the three days it took me to get CCR only mostly working vs the 2 hours it took for Xima, we are going to ignore the Avaya official apps and run with Xima. I'd like to get all of it running on a free OS though as the cost of a Windows Server 20XX license is outrageous and cost prohibitive for our sales team.

Any advice that I can get would be great. This would make it much easier to sell call centre solutions to our customers.

Thanks,

Qz

I only have installed it on a lab system but that went very smootly.
Install the Linux apps and remove java 6 and install java 7
Do this by putting in the Centos.repo in /etc/yum.repos.d
Reboot the server and type yum remove java-1.6.0
When it is done type yum install java-1.7.0
Then follow the Xima Linux installation manual.

This is from the top of my head so i could be wrong somewhere :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Which Java is installed using "yum install java-1.7.0"? I've had issues with the OpenJDK, but none with the official Sun/Oracle JRE from oracle.com.

Code:
rpm -i --force jre-7u17-linux-x64.rpm

Hi Markus,

I am not sure which one is used to be honest.
I think i first did a "yum search java" and then it showed me the version 6 that is installed.
Then i removed is with "yum remove java version" and then search for the version 7 of this java install.
Perhaps Avaya should be going to use version 7 :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back