Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

libmain.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wold1sim

Technical User
Dec 22, 2005
US
Hi Everyone.
I have this wired problem with my laptop. There is this processor in my laptop which is libmain.exe. Its memory usage keeps increasing unless I manually kill it from the task manger. It slows my laptop every time when I restart because of its high memory usage. Can some one advice me how I can get rid of this thing from my computer. I tried lots of things, but still likes my laptop.
Thanks

run msconfig, and find the startup it's associated with and remove it, then restart and do a search for the file, once found open the containing folder and try to uninstall it from there. if you can't just secure delete the whole directory it is in.

Another method is run a anti-spyware program to check your system for spywares/adware/malware. I don't recognize that process (libmain.exe) so I would assume it is on or the other.

Hey there...

I have not heard about libmain before, but I find som refrences on the net to it might beeing a spyware.

First off I would get a good antispyware program, update it, and run a full system scan.

If that does not help, you can always shut down the process manually from start -> run -> type "msconfig" -> Startup.

Just uncheck the libmain.exe on the startup page.

Hope that helps!

I have tried the msconfig, but I don't find the libmain.exe file in the list. I tried also by running the spyware removal, but didn't remove it from the task manager.
Thanks.

Did you try searching for the file and find all files (dependencies) it is associated with. Once found, terminate the process and completely wipe out those files (secure delete them works best if you have the program that can do it)...

Removing adware & spyware
faq608-4650

Microsoft (GIANT Antispyware) Beta available
Thread779-979113

Try the free version of "Ewido"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back