Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend - Caller ID on basic telephone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewillie

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
FR
Is there a way to have caller ID pass through a basic T&R telephone that supports caller ID display on a Legend system?

I now have a Merlin II, but am in the process of obtaining a Legend processor card.

I have a basic 012 module. Would that pass the caller ID info through? If not, would a 016 module work?

Also, my basic telephone (under the Merlin II) can't use call waiting. Pressing the flash key from the basic phone hangs up the current line.

Is there a better way to do this on the Legend?

Thanks for all your help

Caller ID is not passed along to single line telephones on either the 012 or 016 t/r cards.

As you upgrade, check your Legend version; release 3.0 is the minimum requirement for Caller ID support, and release 7.0 is required to display both number and name. Some modules do not support Caller ID without sufficiently high version of the system release.

You can use the RECALL button in Merlin Legend on ATL and MLX telephones to generate a trunk "switch hook flash." The manual states "A single-line telephone user can use Recall to access host services only if the system is programmed for Behind Switch mode."

You may need to play with the recall timing to make things work correctly. There is a single timer for all loop-start lines on the system.

Thanks for the reply. I am getting release 7.

So I guess caller id is only supported on digital display phones.

ewillie,

You're getting Legend R7. Caller id will work on MLX phones ( must have 800 Iclid or 408 MLX Iclid module ), if You get an 016 ETR ( Enhanced T/R ) module ( with either/both Iclid mods ) You can also get caller ID on MLS, and Partner display phones.

Caller ID Name & Number will only show on Legend R7 , Caller ID number only Legend R3 to R6.1

Hope this helps, Andre

FWIW, I'm not aware of any of the smaller systems (merlin, norstar, panasonic, IPS) that do CallerID on 'standard' sets. The 'big' systems do have CLASS cards available, but not the little ones.

IP office can do it now. Intertel Axxess can also do it. I don't think there used to be a need, but its now a growing need for the SMB market.

Norstar (BCM) is supposed to offer it in its next release.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back