Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Keyboard Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbied69

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2006
GB
Hi,

Can someone help. I have a problem which occurs quite regularly where when you type in any type of office program characters constantly appear in capitals, also if you press the back arrow, text gets selected. It appears as if the SHIFT button is constantly being pressed. If you press CAPS LOCK words will appear in lowercase.

Can anyone explain this. The way this has been resolved so far is by rebooting. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to resolve this apart from a reboot.

Thanks in advance.

Does it do that only when typing in Office, or typing any document? Have you tried using a second keyboard, the one you could be using might be damaged or dirty.

Tbh, I'm not sure if it happens with any other program bar office as I haven't tried it.

Keyboard has been replaced, but it still occurs. It only happens to one use perhaps every once every 3 weeks. So all we do is simply reboot and it works. Its more of an annoyance really.

Just to add my .02 worth, its more then likely the Keyboard Controller on the mobo, which in any case cannot just be replaced. new mobo, but since its not a serious issue guess rebooting is the way to go..

Computers are like bikinis. They save people a lot of guesswork.
-Sam Ewing-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back