Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jargon Creator Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshbird

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2000
DE
I don't remember seeing this here yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. So, the idea being that one randomly chooses one word from each column and introduces them as new jargon fairly early on during a team meeting.

[tt]
Deliver Seamless Thoughtware
Ramp up Scalable Value chain
Empower Bleeding-edge Paradigm
Configure Mission-critical Synergy
Leverage Granular Connectivity
Strategize Frictionless Ecosystem
Operationalize Holistic Convergence
Reengineer Value-added Transformation
Globalize Cross-platform Capability transfer
Optimize Enterprise-wide Market space
[/tt]

Collect £2 from all colleagues if your manager repeats new jargon to you before the end...

I personally intend to deliver scalable synergy by the end of the afternoon....

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Which reminds me - The Apprentice is on again tonight!

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Willif said:
deliver scalable synergy

Fee, I swear, that was my exact pick before I read your post any further than the lists...

p5

Too bad the meetings I attend aren't all that frequently held in English...

Since when have Synergy and Paradigm been buzzwords?

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Since people lost the ability to use them correctly?

"Your rock is eroding wrong." -Dogbert

These are sorry days :)

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

we use mission-critical all the time-
but i do work for the USMC

I will ramp-up seamless connectivity right away. Hey. Wait a minute. If it's seamless, why do I need all thse wires? [PONDER]

I like "bleeding-edge" and "thoughtware." I haven't heard those before, which means I'll likely use them unrightly. [smile]

GS

[small][navy]**********************^*********************
I always know where people are going to sit. I'm chairvoyant.[/navy][/small]

We're all trying to empower mission-critical convergence. Who wouldn't?

Greg
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. Kierkegaard

Three-word phrases are for amateurs.

Continually realign our paradigm to effect optimal synergy with a a dynamically changing built environment

Ok, here goes nothing:

I'm all for ramping up to deliver a strategistical re-engineered capability transfer to optimize a seamless enterprise-wide mission-critical connectivity in the value chain so as to leverage our granularly empowered scalable transformation ecosystem to operationalize a frictionless synergy in the globalized value-added market space.

But then again, what do I know? ;-)

p5

We used to call that "Buzzword Bingo".

The cool part about it is, you can play Buzzword Bingo at meetings and so forth with your co-workers (as long as the boss doesn't know, of course).

Have different lists of words, and when the boss uses all of the words on your list, you announce "Bingo, sir!" (or M'am)... and your other colleagues know that you won. hehe

I've played it... it's a hoot.

The other thing we used to do in phone conferences is we'd have messenger running, and we'd come up with a word (Like "Frogs", or "Lilliput") and whoever could use the word first in the conference got a point.

**THAT** made the phone conference a lot more interesting, because you were paying attention to what everyone was saying, and trying to figure out how to work the word into the conversation somehow. [rofl]

Just my 2¢

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Does a duck drop down from the ceiling with $100?

-- Francis
I'd like to change the world, but I can't find the source code.

re: duck

I'm sure it could be arranged.

[wink]

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

..no doubt leading to an arraignment for the duck in question.

I want to be good, is that not enough?

gbaughma said:
The other thing we used to do in phone conferences is we'd have messenger running, and we'd come up with a word (Like "Frogs", or "Lilliput") and whoever could use the word first in the conference got a point.

That reminds me of the movie "Super Troopers". There's a scene where the trooper pulls some guy over for speeding and they try to work the word "meow" into the conversation. It went like this...

Super Troopers said:
[Two troopers just pulled over a speeding motorist.]

Mac: All right, how about Cat Game?

Foster: Cat Game? What's the record?

Mac: Thorny did six, but I think you can do ten.

Foster: Ten? Starting right meow?

[They go up to the car.]

Driver: Sorry about the...

Foster: All right meow. Hand over your license and registration.

[The man gives him his license.]

Foster: Your registration? Hurry up meow.

Driver: [laughing] Sorry.

Foster: Is there something funny here boy?

Driver: Oh, no.

Foster: Then why you laughing, Mister... Larry Johnson?

[Foster stares at him.]

Foster: All right meow, where were we?

Driver: Excuse me, are you saying meow?

Foster: Am I saying meow?

Driver: I thought...

Foster: Don't think boy. Meow, do you know how fast you were going?

[The man laughs.]

Foster: Meow. What is so damn funny?

Driver: I could have sworn you said meow.

Foster: Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?

[The man is uncontrollably laughing.]

Foster: You stop laughing right meow!

Driver: [Stops and swallows hard.] Yes sir.

Foster: Meow, I'm gonna have to give you a ticket on this one. No buts meow. It's the law.

[Rips off the ticket and hands it to the man.]

Foster: Not so funny meow, is it?

[Foster gets up to leave, but Mac shakes his hands at him, indicating only nine meows.]

Foster: Meow!

I thought it was hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back