Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iTunes Slow Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

axalex

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2004
HK
I have the 20G iPOD (firewire) with iTunes installed in my Win XP Pro SP2. It doesn't matter if my iPOD is connected or not, it takes around 10 mins to launch iTunes. While I am waiting, I have checked what it is doing in the task manager. It seems that it is just occupying around 30mb of RAM and doing nothing, I saw another service called iPOD service running. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes? Since it is a pay service, I recommend getting your money's worth and contacting their tech support.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

technically only buying the songs is a pay service. iTunes itself is a free app. You don't even need an iPod to use it.

Think of it as a music only Windows Media Player

I'd agree, a reinstall is a good first step.

Use Device Manager to disable (not uninstall) any unused network adapters.

In the alternative you can give them all a false static IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back