Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issuing Remote Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARAguy

MIS
May 2, 2004
US
Can someone explain how to issue remote commands on an agent server from the main core EM machine? I really want to do 2 things... 1) issue a "kill process" command on a remote server and 2) run an exe on the remote server. I want to do it when i get a certain message on the EM Console. I have the traps etc setup, but just cant actually get any remote commands to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

you will need to install the Event agent on the agent server and then you can run what ever set of commands you want do. With the event agent you basically get a lightweight version of an EM server.

So once i have the em agent on the clent server, i could from the EM server run any command on the agent server as long as for the node field i had the client server node ip or name there under the message record action?

that is the plan of it. you will have to make sure that you are running the agent under a local admin account in most cases. Usually when you do the install CAUNINT is created and is a local admin. just remember what the password is that you used to create the account with

Okay thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back