Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetmaker

Technical User
Oct 18, 2006
GB
We have had CM set up for some time and I am responsible for most of the admin changes. We have IPMA set up for 1 manager that was set up by the company who installed it. IPMA has been requested by another manager for his PA. Is it a seperate set up or can I use the current settings ie the CSS that is already set up?
I'm not good at CSS's or partitions at the best of times:(
A general explanation would also be good please!

You will use the same css and partitions on the new user. Also remember there are services that you need to assign to the manager and assitants.

A general explanatio of CSS and partitions would be best described as a CSS is a phone book of partitions. If you have a CSS with the partition of a phone then you can call it. If you don't have the partition in the CSS then you can't call it.

Hopes this helps some.

OK I will test this out and use the same settings as the IPMA setup already in the field.
Thanks

By the way can this be set up on the single line 7912's or has it got to be at least a 7940 (2 line)
The current set up is used on 7960 which have 4 lines with 3 configured

The manager has to be at least a 2-line phone like an 7940.
The assistant has to be a 6-line phone, possibly with an expansion module 7914 if the assistant has a lot of managers.

The intercomline and the managers own number need a separate line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back