Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Invalid interface on 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregger20

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
While in Global config mode I issue interface e0, s0, etc I receive a invalid interface notice. This is the first time i've worked on this router, do you think it has bad hardware, or is it a software issue? Thanks in advance,
The ios version is 9.1
Gregger

I hate to say this to you, but if that router is running IOS 9.1 then it's virtually worthless to you anyway. If it has enough memory--which it probably doesn't--you really need to upgrade to at least 11.1 or 11.2, if you can.

I can't speak to the hardware issue because I don't know 9.1 at all. In fact, you'll probably have a hard time finding anyone familiar with it.

Wow, I've never heard of an IOS that old. If you can TFTP it to a PC, I'd be interested in a copy, just as a collectors item, or if its on a ROM chip instead of a FLASH (supposedly ROMS existed, and I've never seen one, so maybe 9.1 is old enought to be ROM?) and you buy a new FLASH, I'd be interested in the ROM as a collectors item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back