Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inut box Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

genoah

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
US
I need to search by a telephone number. I am using the phone number mask edit when creating the record. When I try to search using a input box and findkey method, I need to input the '()' around the area code and the '-' between the number. Is there a way to hard code this so I can just type in the number and it will automatically format it? I have tried using a mask for the default string but it erases as soon as I type in information. Please help. I am sure it is something I am overlooking.

Dave

the mask works good when entering in to the database. It saves the information "(323)123-4567" When I try to search with a input box, if I type in 3231234567 it will not find it. It must have the '() and -'

did u set the mask like this ?
1. double click on the table component.
2. add the fields to the fields editor.
3. select the field and go to the property editor.
4. add the mask to the field.

Yep. I only can figure out that I will have to uncheck literal charters in the mask box.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back