Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomer56

IS-IT--Management
Oct 9, 2002
US
When I open a pop-up dialog box in IE 6.0, sometimes the content is not all available (the screen is not full-sized, nor are there scroll bars to navigate).

Any thoughts as to why this occurs? Any settings in IE or XP which are preventing me from seeing the entire box?

Thank you ina advance for your help.

Can you provide a link to an example? Web site designers can use javascript to open a new window without scroll bars, menu bar or address bar.

I could not provide a link, as the problem occurs inside a web application. I could forward a screen shot if needed.

This is difficult to diagnose without information. You'll probably have to ask the designer of the application or have a look at the HTML code.

i would recommend to set your security level in internet explorer to default and also turn off the pop up blocker in the privacy tab. That should do it, if not you should see a active-x control pop up on the top of the page when you open the pop up.

hope this helps!

good luck

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, while others wonder what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back