Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet Explorer 6 View Source problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

denbigh97

Programmer
Dec 26, 2002
US
Hi, I am having trouble viewing the source code of any webpage that I come across. Whenever I right click on the page and view->source, nothing happens. However if I were to run an HTML (or any other file) from my harddrive drive, and then right click, view->source, and notepad opens and shows the code. I tried clearing my cookies and cache (currently only set to 10MB), but that didn't work. I have ever restored my Windows to an earlier date, and that didn't work either. I noticed that when I choose Tools->Internet Options->Settings->View Files, only the cookies show up, none of the other files (ie: html, jpg, gif, etc...) are displayed. Can someone help me please??

That's not actually true. There are people who use a variety of tricks to prevent others from seeing their "secret" code, but the source is always available if you know the tricks used.

How about a URL of some place?

Lee

I was able to fix this problem. There seems to be a glitch in IE where it doesn't know where to write the temporary files. I had to go to Tools->Internet Options->Settings->Move Folder, and pick any folder, then apply it, and then change it back to the usual ../local settings/temporary internet files folder. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for the replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back