Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

internet cafe security problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matans

IS-IT--Management
Dec 29, 2003
NL
I'm looking for an application that will give me the power of windows xp "group policy" but will allow me to give different permissions to different users, or to different groups on a local machine.

I'm running an internet cafe, and have serious problems restricting users permissions.
The internet cafe software I use (cybercafe pro) doesn't run on a restricted user account (I'll be glad if you can recomend me another software).

I want the users to be unable to download or install any program, and if they manage to get out of the internet cafe software, not to be able to see the "start" button, or the desktop.

Please advice,
Any tip will be truely apperiated :)

My local science museum uses a program called SiteKiosk whenever they want to set up a restricted internet computer.

The other option is Linspire WebStation. It's a very user-friendly Linux distro that runs from an internal CD-ROM instead of a hard disk. This means it's impossible for users to break. (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back