Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Internet access through SOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx7153

Technical User
Aug 9, 2004
US
HI all
I have a SOE with 3.2.55 and a cable modem. I plug the RJ45 from the cable modem to the wan port on the SOE.

I plug a lap top into any set and I do not get the internet.
Is there anything I have to program for internet access.

If I disable the wan port and plug into the cable modem,
I get whole different IP address. What am I doing wrong.
The books aren't clear on getting this to work.

Call a engineer, this is to complicated to answer in a forum.

Hey RX,

Sorry for delay in responding... been out of the office.

I'm really not sure where you are in the process... 2 things I see from your text that I struggle with 1. use of WAN Port.. Just use LAN1. 2.Cross over cable.. Use LAN1 with Standard Cat5 cable.

Not sure if you followed my above info and got caught up or you are trying things on your own...

Without having a way to communicate other than msg board makes tough to diagonse and work through...

Boils down to you can only have 1 device issuing DHCP. The IP office needs a static IP in the same range as the DHCP server is issuing and the IP address needs to be availble (not used by another device). The IP Office SOE can be a DCHP server if needed, if so make sure this is on, if you have another device issuing DHCP, disable this in the IP Office SOE.

To get internet connectivty through your SOE should be a quick process... The SOE should basicly act as a switch in your network... which is like an extension cord used to plug devices in.

Tekcetera Support

I have a SOE 3.2.55 and I would like to plug my cable modem straight into the IPO. So far no luck, I have read the avaya
tech site but they are not real clear.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back