Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interchange Sender ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay2501

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
US
Where does the Interchange Sender ID (segment ISA06) come from? Is this like a business ID or something assigned by the EDI gods prior to implementing a B2B system? Does some institution have authority over its uniqueness as an identifier?

Thanks!

shay2501,
answer is dependent. it's an id you agree to use to identify yourself to your tp(s) but you also need the qualifier.
for example:
01 means you're using your duns number.
zz means you're using something mutually defined.
12 means telephone number.
14 means duns number with a suffix (if i remember correctly).
so you can see that they are unique numbers and it's in your and your tp(s) best interest to have them unique, so data does not get misrouted.
it's basically an identifier that you and your tp agree upon and that does not cause an issue with your VAN.
regards,
longhair

Hi Longhair,
I think you explanied about ISA07.

regards,
suneetharaj

ISA05 is the qualifier for value in ISA06 (Sender_id). The same quals are used in ISA07 for the value in ISA08 (Receiver_id).

ISA06 is just an ID that you and your trading partner agree on to identify each other, it can be different id types.
you first have ISA05 which tells you what type of id is in the following segments. this is very common to EDI segments.
hope I helped,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back