Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Insert hyperlink dialog - current folder 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PortyAL

Technical User
May 13, 2005
GB
Hi

I have a form in a project database which contains a list of links in a sub form to various files. The main form also includes a default document folder that project. When inserting hyperlinks the "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box initially displays the folder the database is contained in, which is a different drive / folder to the project folders. Is there any way of making "Insert Hyperlink" dialog box automatically display the default project folder as specified in the form without having to navigate to it?

Thanks

AL

Which version are you using? I have 2010. I have a db that requires frequent links to scanned docs. Once I directed it to the correct folder, it stays there.

Hi. I'm now using 2013, but was previously using 2010. It is the same in both versions. The insert hyperlink dialog initially displays the folder the db is in. When you say you "directed" your database to the correct folder, was this done by VBA or by just by using the insert hyperlink dialog?

What happens if you use the ChDir instruction in a procedure called before inserting hyperlinks ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

If it works, PHV's idea is the simplest. Otherwise you could use a file dialog (various examples around the net) to get the desired path and then simply create your hyperlink based on that string.

Thanks for the ideas. The ChDir instruction doesn't seem to make any difference. I'll look into the file dialog idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back