Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index Notice error message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gelatoboy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2000
AU
I get am getting the following message:<br>'Check failed for client group-int1.email-appliances.com.au<br>(error -5)'.<br>What is the significance of the (error-5) message? <br><br>Kind Regards<br>Jamie

From the information that you posted, it seems like you have a definate index file issue. It could be&nbsp;&nbsp;either one of two things:<br><br>A) Your index files are simply corrupted.<br>B) Your index files have run out of space.<br><br>Fist off, check your daemon.log file to see if there is any indication of what has happened.<br><br>If your index files are corrupted, then you want to try and rebuild them. Use the nsrck -F command, followed by the nsrim -c command.<br><br>If your index files are out of space, then try to either purge them, or move them to a drive with more disk space.<br><br>For more information, Legato has a technical bulletin (001) that provides detailed information on how to do this.<br><br>As for error -5, I don't know what it means. But the Check failed for client group is an index file issue, and I have seen -244 and 13.<br><br>my 2 cents,<br><br>Helios316<br>

Thanks for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.<br><br>Regards<br>Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back