Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incredimail encoding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charliesz

Technical User
Jul 24, 2003
CA
Good day.

I'm having these nightmares with sending/recieving messages which are on a language other than English. When i recive these kinda messages, they appear as either some strange ASCII codes or as "????". Same happens when i send messages to others. The recipients get the same gibberish. Ive tried changing encoding to my language. No success, same strange characters.

Now, Outlook Express works better, it actually ecodes everythign just fine, but the subject(which is still gibberish).

I've downloaded "IncrediConverter" which supposedly exports messages from Incredimail to any other Mail client. However, when i launch it and press "OK" to start the export, it quits with an error reffering to some address in the incredimail.exe executable. I found a post that states the same error. My guess is that IncrediCOnverter is not compatible with Windows ME.

Would anyone know the solution to the "encoding" issue or a different program that converts IncrediMail into Outlook Express?

Much Obliged.

To change the e-mail message format to plain text:

On the Main menu, select Tools then Options, and click on the Advanced tab.
In the Message section, check "Enable Plain Text in style box".
When sending mail, always select "Plain Text" from Style Box.

If using a Signature, make sure you only use the text section titled "Add signature text below:" NOTE: Do Not create a handwritten signature.

If you have a customized handwritten signature, then make sure you don't include it.

On the Main menu, select Tools then Options, and click on the Compose tab.
Uncheck the "Automatically insert signature to outgoing messages" box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back