Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inactive features

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshire

Vendor
Mar 7, 2011
US
We had a power outage this weekend and out voice mail feature is now not working and we can not get a tech to come out. I have seen many posts about unpluging the voicemail waiting pluging it back in and trying again and I have done this 3 times. I also seen about doing the XFTEST and I did that and everythign is inacyive I seen in a post that I shoudl remove the inactive ones and they reset the voicemail, when I do this will the things I delete come back??? and if not how do I get them back?? frustrated any adice would be greatly apreciated!!!!

You didn't say which voice mail system you have but this is a common problem with the Flash systems. Since the features didn't activate after you reset the power, you'll probably have to have someone do a re-install. Make sure you're resetting the power on the flash and not the phone system. I've also had some success by disconnecting power to both the Flash and the Norstar, then removing the PCMCIA from the Flash, re-installing the PCMCIA, powering up the Flash, then powering up the Norstar. It may take 5-10 minutes for the features to return.

I have the NOrtel Network T7316e.... I unpluged the flas 3 times and each time waited and then repluged it in and I have also tried unpluging both the flash and they phone system and repluging in both and waiting but still nothing I am gonna try taking out the PCMCIA and seeing if that works

ok I tried removing the PCMCIA and didn't make a difference also tried the F903 and it says inactive feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back