Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Import Items into GP Pervasive SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimstar

MIS
Jun 4, 2003
US
Hi,

In order to import items into Great Plains (Pervasive SQL), I ran a DTS in regular SQL taking the data from excel into a temporary SQL table (IV00101temp.) Then once I had the data in the temporary table, I ran an INSERT statement to populate information into the IV00101 table from IV00101temp.
Then, I ran another DTS package exporting the data from a SQL table (IV00101) into a .btr file (using my Pervasive SQL ODBC.)

I ran checklinks, rebuilt the tables and reconciled all the items. But, when I go into Item Maintenance and make any changes to the item and click save, it seems to save fine but if you go back into the item, nothing has saved and the item is the same as it was imported in originally.
I ran a similar conversion for customers and that worked fine but why are the items "messed up" and not saving any changes I make???

Thanks!

Have you made a DexSQL.Log to see what SQL is being executed. It seems to be a simple update statement...

An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until eventually he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

Hello,
I tried creating a dexsql log by editing the dex.ini and changing the three lines to TRUE but after going out and back into Great Plains and going into item maintenance, no .log file appeared. Is that a tool possibly only for SQL and not pervasive SQL? Any other ideas?

That tool only works for SQL Server databases. Is the tools > integrate > table import enabled in the World Online company? You could rename the IV tables in that company, import your data into the TWO's table, then copy it into your live company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back