Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IMA Service Error -2147483635

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvet4

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to connecto to the Management Console that indicates that I can not connect to the preferred server farm. When I look at the services the IMA servics is not running and when I try to start it, I get the following error: "Windows cannot start the Independent Management Architecture on Local Computer" error code -2147483635.

I have looked on the knowledge base and can not find that error code and have tried multiple recommendations out of the knowledge base to no avail. I am running the same citrix configuration on multiple systems and currently have 5 displaying this same problem. The only soultion I have found so far is to do a command line uninstall (the add/remove program does not work) and reinstalling Citrix. My current configuration is using Windows Server 2003.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

with what user's authority is your IMA automatically start with ? look in services .

I have tried both Local System Account and the Administrator account.

After doing the initial install everything works fine. At somepoint, something is happening when a client establishes/terminates a connection that is causing this error to occur. I can solve the error by uninstalling and reinstalling Citrix but that is tedious and am hoping to determine an easy way to restart this servie without reinstalling.

where does your database sit on ? access SQL ?

I got the same issue as when I did and upgrade of the SQL server to a service pack after that the IMA would not start up !

If that is not the case try removing the LHC from the machine and run at a CMD: dsmaint recreatelhc

try to starts the IMA then

Protheus is right on the money. We had that problem and it was resolved by running dsmaint.

what I heard is that when the IMA is not connecting then the LHC is 99% of the times the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back