Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Illegal Operation Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertross

Programmer
Jul 31, 2002
US
I have an Access 97 application that runs fine on several PC's but on one we get a message that says "Access is performing an illegal operation. Access is closing down" (or something close to that). Is there anything in particular I should be looking for ? It appears to happen when trying to update a table in the data base.

You might try looking in the References... screen to see if they all have the same version of Jet SQL. To look at the references, open/create a module and then goto the Tools menu.

Also, you could try reinstalling Access on the rogue machine(s). God Bless,
Mike

Yes, I believe in Jesus. ;-)
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12, KJV)

When do you get that error message? What code or query or whatever is being run? As much information as you have will be helpful.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access Databases Since 1995

Take a look at the Developer's section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back