Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

idapi32.CFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigandfat

Technical User
Feb 7, 2002
CA
I recall reading that you could put idapi32.CFG on a network server so all the workstations would draw their alias paths from the same file, however I have been unable to locate where I can change the path to idapi32.CFG in the BDE. Does anyone recall how this can be done? Paradox 10, windows 2000, nt4 sp3

Thanks in advance

bigandfat,

There are three ways you can do this:

1. Add the -o option to the Target line of your Paradox shortcut (see for a description of this and other command line options).

2. Open Control Panel and then start the BDE Administrator. Next, choose Open | Open Configuration from the main menu and then select the BDE32.CFG file you wish to use. (Use Object | Save As Configuration to create the file in the first place.)

3. Use Regedit to modify the following Registry setting:

Code:
   My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE      SOFTWARE\BORLAND\Database Engine         ConfigFile01

This string setting contains the fully qualified path to the current .CFG file.

Please note that you should used mapped driver letters and not UNC paths for configuration files stored on other computers--especially if you're using multiple versions of Paradox, such as older ones that do not support long file names or UNC naming conventions.

Hope this helps...

-- Lance

Thank You Lance
Again your solution was prompt and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back