Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM Thinkpad 600E Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

burritonator

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2004
US
OK, this is a question about a specific model of a rather old computer, but I haven't been able to find an answer to my question online, so I thought I would see if anyone has run into this before.

I have two IBM Thinkpad 600Es that are both having exactly the same problem.

At bootup, they display a message that simply says "Error". Clicking "OK" takes me to a BIOS screen where I can set the time and date. A few seconds after clicking "OK" on that screen, a message pops up that simply says "ON -> OFF", with both "ON" and "OFF" blinking. I can't get anything else to happen from that point, and of course turning the system off and on just causes the same process to repeat.

Does anyone know what this means and what I can do about it?

Thanks

Have you checked their pilot lights?

Seriously I have no knowledge of this machine but I will guarantee you that someone here will. In the modern world that sounds like the CMOS battery may be dead. Corresponds to age too. Good luck!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back