Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IBM PC SERVER serveraid problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazerinmelb

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2004
AU
Can anybody help, I have a pc server 704 running Win2k but the serveraid controller won't work, all I get is a "the device can't find enough free resources to work" message.
at the moment I'm using the onboard SCSI at the moment to boot.Any help would be most appreciated I have updated the bios to 3.50 and the firmware to 2.25, but this made no difference. Also when I installed NT4 it all "just worked".
Help!!

Hi,

I know that IBM will not support Windows 2K, this may be for various reasons there amongst the server being too old etc etc. However it could also be due the server causing problems when installed with Windows 2K.

I am afraid the only thing you can try is to install a newer firmware, BIOS and device driver. If I am not mistaken then IBM ServeRAID CD will only upgrade the controller as much as it can. Fx. your firmware level might only be 2.25 where as the BIOS might update to the current level which is 6.11

HOwever it is worth investigating whether you have one of the old old IBM ServeRAID adapters or if you have one of the newer ones.If you have a Mylex controller (which is one of the old old ones) then you should not use IBM ServeRAID Cd to flash it with as this will just break your controller basically.

Otherwise the controller should take the IBM ServeRAID Cd which is downloadable from the IBM Support site.

enjoy

Regards

Techiegeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back