Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group Redirection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenmaster2u

Technical User
Feb 22, 2012
US
I have a CM5.2 system and could use suggestions on routing options.
I have a hunt group (6500) that routes to a coverage path (401)which terminates to a coverage answer group (C28). C28 in the call answer group is defined as my receptionist. The receptionist from time to time would like to forward their station calls (6501)to another station and answer. I have long discovered that even if the receptionist forwards 6501 the main line will not forward as well. Calls to 6501 forward perfectly but the call answer group stays where directed. I'm guessing I could remove the coverage path and add 6501 as a member of the hunt group (which I'll try soon). Any other options would be helpful.

Forwarding calls via feature access code call-forwarding will only forward calls made to that extension. The hunt group's coverage path will only cover calls via the hunt group extension. When a call is delivered to a hunt group member, it retains coverage of the hunt group. You may have to add other numbers to the coverage answer group and also add a send-calls button assignment to the receptionist's device.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

Dundeenous,
Send-calls will only direct the call to the phones existing coverage path (which doesn't work for me). Adding other numbers to coverage answer forces them to ring full time with the receptionist. Thanks for the assist not exactly there yet.

But if the receptionist is not at their desk to answer calls to the hunt group then they won't answer direct calls either, therefore, the local coverage path.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

wmainc we do have vectoring turned on for the system

It sounds like you are trying to get your receptionist to act as an overflow for your hunt group? If so you could take out the coverage answer group with her in it. Make a coverage path to her and add points behind her. This would only follow the path behind her "if" she doesn't answer. Is she is away she can then hit the SAC button and it goes to her backup person.

Just my first thoughts.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back