Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hr/time and attendance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazgeek

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2004

I'm looking for 3rd party time and attendance/basic employee record keeping addon for GP. I don't need payroll integration, just time and attendance and basic employee record keeping like hiredate/personal info/department etc.

any suggestions?

oh yeah... reasonably inexpensive is a criteria

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

Are you using the HR Module? If not, that is available through Great Plains and will handle everything that you have written down.

thanks, I was hoping for something a little less robust and expensive.

-----------
and they wonder why they call it Great Pains!

jaz

We actually use Attendance Enterprize from Infotronics --- they will try to sell you the integration piece, but it was not that hard to do in SQL. Infotronics has regional places that sell their stuff - some of their bells and whisltes are a bit much, but a time clock system that allows our users to input some things through our intranet was what we wanted and that is what we got.

ANYWAY

I do two things - one I pull the info from AE and put it into the time card part of GP (schedule it a few days before the payroll person needs it and schedule an email reminder to the folks that need to approve it)-
if you need help with the tables or code - let me know --- I had to do a few small translations for the pay codes, but other than that it was straight forward.

I also pull the Vacation/Sick/PTO (whatever flavour you have) into GP so that Payroll checks can see the totals in AE and then AE manages the balances.

Some of the AE Reports are lacking, but if you know SQL or Crystal you are home free.

need anything - let me know - j

I fergot somethin... We use the time card part of AE with cards with mag stripes (ick pooey) --- Infotronics has progressed from there, but it works and was not too expensive - we have at least one reader in each of three facilities over about a 10 mile radius and things get into our sql server quite quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back