Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HP Pavilion 8550C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jun 20, 2003
US
I upgrade the memory from 96 MB to 128 MB SDRAM. The problem started then after shutdown. When I tried to boot the PC it would not post. Cut machine off and wait 3Mins and PC Posted. What could be causeing the PC to not boot after just shuting it down?

the memory stick you installed could be one answer. Take it out and see what happens.

The memory was a 96MB SDRAM PC100 and I Upgrade it . Took the 96MB out and put one 128SDRAM PC100 in and it booted. But when i shut down the pc and reboot the machine wouldn't boot. I waited 3mins and pc boot. Also, i had to replace the CPU fan. I just need the PC to boot up after shut it down. Please help if you can?

the memory stick you installed could be one answer. Take it out put the old one in and see what happens.

I have tried the old memory in the PC and it still dosen't boot after i shut it down. I have to wait 20 to 30mins before it will boot agian. I think that it is haveing a Post problem? If i try booting the PC without the IDE cable connected to the motherboard it wants to run (Hard Drive). I ran a hard drive check and it passed the test. The mean focus is to get it boot every time after shuting the PC down. Thinks for the help.

Could be a heat problem with the CPU but not likely. Take out all the IDE devices and then go into the bios and remove them. Put a boot floppy in and boot to that. Let the computer run for as long as you do normally and then try to reboot. Your problems will then be isolated to the CPU or motherboard (since youve removed the IDE devices and have already changed memory).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back