Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to remove a NW Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsven

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2005
DE
Hi all together, i have a smal problem.
We have 4 Novell Servers in our company.
And now, one of them must remove.
This server hast not the master replice.
But what i have to do?
What i have to do first, that i don´t get any pseudo
Server.
I think i have do delete all objects from the server in NDS, maybe all the VOL, SYS , and at lest the server itself.
Can someone tell me where i can get an manuall?
Or can someone help me?
Realy Thanks
Bye
Sven

Goto the console screen of the server you want to remove from the tree. type NWCONFIG at the prompt.
from the list of options goto DIRECTORY OPTIONS and press enter. Then select REMOVE DIRECTORY SERVICES FROM THIS SERVER. Enter the admin username and password, read and accept the info dialogs etc (if any) and proceed. The server will then be automatically removed from rhe tree and placed in a state where it is no longer accessable. Make sure you have everything you need off the server first ! If you have to reinsert the server use the INSTALL DIRECTORY SERVICES ONTO THIS SERVER.
Hope this helps.
Jeff

Also, once the procedure above is applied, the server will be inaccessible by everybody including yourself so ensure that all data is off the server prior to performing this task.

The procedure should delete most of the NDS objects but does tend to leave some behind sometimes. BE VERY CAREFUL when deleting objects because if you delete the wrong object by accident, you could cause other issues.

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back