Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to quickly delete inventory items?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

twelvefootboy

Technical User
Sep 4, 2002
US
Hello, Peachtree Einsteins

We are using Peachtree Complete 2003. We had high hopes for the sub-items options, but the minuses far exceed the plusses.

We have changed our part naming conventions many times and our inventory item list is clogged with old entries. We have liberally used the export feature to edit as the item.csv file, but each re-import only appends the list, and we would like to replace the original item list to purge the old entries. They are currently set as "inactive", but we'd like them to be gone.

I had hoped to find a "item.dat" file that I could delete and rebuild from my edited item.csv file. It doesn't seem to work that way.

If we must, we will use the inventory adjustment screen, but it is very painful to cue them up one at a time. Hint to Peachtree - "shift-click" to choose multiple entries is about a 20 year old technology.

I hope someone has a simple, yet elegant solution. Thanks

twelvefootboy

Hey 12 foot,

This just in, Windows is not even 20 years old.

On a serious note however you can use a tool called btviewer to mass delete the "inactive" items. Just do a google search and you will find it.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports
dgilsdorf@trianglepartners.com

dgillz,

Mucho obligado for the help. Now I have to figure out why I didn't get it until today. I checked daily for a while, and kindof gave up, thinking the email notification would alert me to the kindness of strangers. But I needed it again today, so I checked in. I'll get right on it.

What is *Windows*? Oh yeah, it's that Mac ripoff. Didn't you love DOS 5.0? What a GUI!

gracias
12foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back