Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to make NET protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustBeginer

Programmer
Mar 13, 2003
I am in my 4th year at the university and I have subject DATA TRANSMISION. I have to make a small project like LAN CHAT, but I have to use my own internet protocol with feedback. Any kind of information will be usefull :)
Thank you in advance.
ICQ 235847881

Read the "TCP chat program" post from very recently, there are a lot of the information you need i do believe. Otherwise contact the users from that thread.

Totte

I've seen a few resources on the net about the MSN protocol. Perhaps you could look for some of them (I don't know where they are).

Each "message" from or to the server basically consists of a three letter code followed by paramaters separated by spaces, eg:

Code:
CMD 123 param1 param2 param3

(the 123 is a Transaction ID... you'll learn about them when you read up on the protocol.)

Try searching for MSNP6, MSNP7, MSNP8 etc... they are the names of the different versions of the protocol (except the new one has a different name I can't remember it). Or just search for MSN protocol ;)

Hope this helps you.

[Thanks in advance|Hope I helped you]
Exodus300
[pc3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back