Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to define a point 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinexus

Technical User
Dec 24, 2005
NO
I have a couple of questions here:

1)
I have a figure that consists of several pieces. Two of these are lines that cross. I would like to have the intersection of these lines snap to a guide or a grid point, but I haven't been able to define this point. Anyone?

2)
Is there any way to use the mouse wheel to zoom?? So much easier...

Thx

1) If I understand you, you have two intersecting lines and you want to move them until the intersection lies on a grid/guide.

I think you need to add a point to do this. Select one of the lines, and use smart guides (Ctrl+U) to add an anchor point exactly where the lines intersect. Then select both lines and drag this new point to the grid/guide.

Be wary that smart guides won't work when "snap to grid" is turned on.

HTH

When you have smart guides on, when you go over the intersection, a text label will pop up saying "Intersect", that way if you click right there, you can drag that point and with it both paths to wherever you like.

HTH

Bert

I found that out too, but thx anyways guys, really appreciate all the help I get here!

Sinexus,

re: Is there any way to use the mouse wheel to zoom??

alt/wheel will zoom in and out (or on the keyboard- ctrl+ and ctrl-)
ctrl/wheel will scroll left/right

Nick

I'm using CS, but I can't get those zoom functions to work with the mouse like you say Nick...

I can't vouch for CS. I have CS2 which was an upgrade from 9.0.2.

I am running win xp and the mouse is a logitech media mouse, but I would imagine that any mouse with a scroll wheel should operate in the same manner. Now for my mouse, I do have the option of changing some settings within the mouse software (how fast the buttons work, how the buttons click and the speed/functionality of the wheel...) Perhaps you have something similar for your mouse?

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back