Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many Cubes on Analysis Services ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recce

Programmer
Aug 28, 2002
ZA
Good day,

Currently we have 22 Cubes running within Analysis Services.
We are now starting to experience problems with our Cubes in the sense that some of them fail during processing which,never used to be the problem in the past.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to say if this is because SSAS is to bussy in order to process them. Let me put it this way, when and how can one determine if SSAS is getting to busy in order to process these Cubes.

The thing is, I don't thing that 22 Cubes is a lot. Is there someone out there with lots more ?

Also,I would like to mention that when we do process our Cubes then we do a full process. Can anyone suggest what would be best practice in order to take some load of the server ?

Thank you.

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

Hi,

Thanks for this.....This very technical and interesting. I'm still playing with this.

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back