Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How is CMS HA Setup?

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
My understanding is that CMS HA is more or less just 2 stand-alone instances with the admin-sync tool pushing credential data and on-demand reports between the two. How/where does that initial config of primary vs secondary take place? I see reference to needing a file "acms admin-sync (HA CMS)" which looks like it might include instructions and a package to install on the servers. Is this where the config is done and how would one get this file as I don't see it anywhere? Looking to potentially take an existing R19.2 HA to 20 or 21.

-CL

To have a CMS HA pair you will have to engage Avaya. They keep the admi-sync file to themselves, for the last 4 deployments I've done. I have also used just one CMS with daily backups and the ESXi doing a daily backup just incase.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back