Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do you increase the debugging level in Legato ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
US
I'm running NetWorker on a NT server and I'm not sure how I increase the level of logging for debugging purposes.
Can anyone point me to the documentation which addresses this issue or the lowdown on how to get this done ?
I've looked over the Admin, trouble shooting, and performance guides and did not find it.

Thanks a million,
Wick.

If you edit your group, click on the Preferences tab, in the Options box, you'll see a Verbose option. Check it, and you'll get lots of information about the group's backup when it runs.

Depends on what NetWorker application you want to run in debug mode.

Most netWorker applications will accept -D parameter, which allows you to specify what debugging level you want to use.

For example, savegrp -D3 Default will start the default backup group with debug level 3.

If you wanted to try to debug a problem with the NetWorker server's master daemon, you can use: nsrd -D9. You can then pipe the output to a file for further review.

Note that debug and verbose does two different things. Because of this, you may want both if you want to know what NetWorker is doing. (one at a time, of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back