Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how do I turn it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Two questions for my Rockwell HCF56K data, fax modem

1. How do I know if the modem is turned on?

2. How do I add it as new hardware if Windows plug and play cant find it. The wizard says to first be sure the modem is on.
email answers to cgm205@yahoo.com

thanks
Cmont

I would go into the device manager by right clickin on my computer and going to properties. remove all modems from the list. restart comp. let windows detect. if it doesnt go into the control panel and add new hardware and have windows try to manually auto detect. if that doesnt work i would try uninstalling all com ports from device manager and trying all that stuff above over again. if that doenst work try puttin your rockwell in a different pci slot. if that doesnt work try the rockwell in a different computer. if that doesnt work, your modem is chees'd more likely than not and you need to get a new modem :) and questions/comments/concerns email at the addy below. peace.

Infamous, Notorious, SirLadin.

Ladin
matchu_14@hotmail.com

Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Ladin has a good point, with one exception.
If you're going to get this working (btw, if it's in the computer, it's on when the computer is on), restart in SAFE MODE, then remove all com ports, and modem(s) in device manger.
A restart usually reinstalls the modem correctly.

Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Current moderator at
Staff contributor/moderator at
Windows 9x/ME instructor.

Jim's Modems:

I knew I forgot something :)

Ladin
matchu_14@hotmail.com

Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back