Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How do I... Perfect Install IIS, .net, VS2k5 & SQL server

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaweedOPM

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
I must have been through the install process 100 times on multiple computers. Yes I have gotten it to work almost everytime on different levels. I need everything to flow together perfectly.
I need to set this up on 3 more or less identical 2003 servers. Right now if I install Visual Studio beta 2 with out the sql express and then I install the full SQL beta 2 my main asp configuration doesn't set up the server. So I go into C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework...... and run the aspnet_regsql.exe and point it at my mssqlserver. It successfully installs the aspnetdb with all of the tables and procedures.
After that I have to go into the IIS manager and go into the asp.net properties (basically editing the C:\inetpub\ file) and change the LocalSQLServer settings to reflect the mssqlserver connection string.
This is where it gets hairy, on my laptop this method works great. I can program a website using webparts and aspnet roles/perms. But on the actual server no matter what i do it says it cant find the stored procedures.
My method for install is probably way off and i really need some help to get my system in perfect condition until the final releases come out. If there are any website walkthroughs or anything I need them please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back