Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I setup this calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave8952

Technical User
Mar 23, 2005
US
Hi,

Please excuse my newbie-ness, I'm new to Filemaker, but have dabbled(and I do mean dabbled) in databases for about 10 years, so I'm somewhat familiar with the concepts. I just bought FMpro7 and am dusting off the brain cells in creating a database.

Here's my problem:
In Table A, I've got a text field (let's call it, "List of Dates". I want this text field to return a list, in text format, (for instance, "3/15, 3/16, 3/20" etc) of a date field in a related table (through a portal) which has many related records. The list would also contain commas ( , ) between the dates.
What I've already done, is create a text field in the related table, that converts the contents of the single date field (in the same record) to text. I'm then trying to return a list of all those "date-converted-to-text" fields into ONE text field in the other table.

There use to be a command (in my old database program) called LIST, but I can't find that in FMpro7.

Any help would be appreciated. The more I think about this, the more I begin to forget my own name.

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back