Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

home network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfredol

Technical User
Jan 15, 2003
VE
I run a toshiba 4600 laptop with wp pro and connected to a d-link 640+router (internet through a Cisco dsl modem) with ethernet cable;on my desk I have a desktop also runing xp pro and connected to a Microsoft wireless adapter MN510. This ran very well for about to years so I could send files primarily from the laptop to the desktop, and have them printed also to the printer connected to the desktop.

Now a days after several new setups I can reach internet from both computers directly and independently.

From the desktop I can see my workgroup with both computers there, but can not reach the shared files on the laptop, but from the laptop the condition is worse, my workgroup only shows the laptop icon, and no desktop. Obviously I can not send files to the desktop, nor can I print anything on the desktop's printer.

Can any one direct me on the solution, or eventually show me how to erase the files needes so I can start anew?? (I tried to run the set up on the adapter and was told that I have better drivers installed already??)

In the previous message I forgot to say that I do get different ip address for each machine and withing the specified range.

Thanks for the reply; it did not work anything new, however I believe it is a tremendous program; I do have a printout of the log, and it shows connection to the desktop, but I do not see it. Is there a way I can include this pictures to you?
Alfredo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back