Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holiday message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinos

Technical User
Nov 5, 2014
BW
Hi all.

I have a 3300 on rel miVB8 and has AA for Business Open and Business Closed.
I would like to add a holiday message for the days the business will be closed for holiday.
I would like to do the setup in advance and also in a way that I wont have to undo the setup when the holiday has passed.
Please advise on how this is done and were I would upload the message.

I am using embedded voicemail.

You can record a temporary greeting using admin mailbox TUI or upload one in System Audio Source Update folder using web GUI.
You cannot schedule it but on the day you want the temporary greeting to start, log into the admin mailbox TUI and specify how many days you want the temporary greeting to play. It will automatically revert back to business open/closed greetings after the number of days set.

Hi lowradiation, what will be the incoming call routing be like?

I like to set up a couple of voicemail greeting definition sets 1 for regular and 2 for holiday. Then i set the system to import the voice mail greeting form such that it chooses the holiday set until the regular form is imported.

@lowradiation, thanks for the method.It is a good setup however it lacks the advance setup.
@jpruder please give detail about your method.

Okay, with embedded the files will be in /vmail/c/vm/prompts/...your language folder. pday.vox and pnite.vox are the primary. I then keep a copy of them. The customer can rerecord one, I get that and rename it such that it is pday2.vox and copy it to the system. I rename it again as pnite2.vox and again copy it. I then replace the orignal pwhateverer. Now you have both recording 1 and 2. You set the scheduler to import the form to set ports to use greeting 2 then schedule an import to use greeting 1

It is the scheduler and importing part that gets me confused.

Scheduling CSV File Import/Export

You can schedule events to automate the process of importing and exporting form data in .CSV format.
Import Function Conditions

Import functionality is available for all configurable forms except those listed in the About Importing Form Data topic.

Import data is entered into a Microsoft® Excel spreadsheet supplied with MiVoice Business and saved as .CSV files for import. For details concerning the spreadsheet, including conditions on its use, refer to About the Import Spreadsheet.

Prior to scheduling an import event, complete the following tasks:

Obtain the Import Spreadsheet or Prepare your own spreadsheet file for import

Collect and record configuration data

Create an import file

Audit Trail Logs generated by scheduled imports record the username and IP address as "Unknown." This is because Scheduler activities run without initiating a System Administration Tool session.

Export Function Conditions

Not all forms support the exporting of data and not all forms support all the export options. If options are not supported for a form, they will be disabled ("grayed out") in the export dialog window.

For security, passwords and PINs in exported forms (such as the User and Services Configuration form) are masked using asterisks in the export file.

For details concerning export conditions, see Exporting Form Data.

Exported files are saved to an external FTP server (same as scheduled file transfers).

Operation

To schedule night service events, refer to the following procedures:

Add an Import Event

Add an Export Event

Edit an Event

Delete an Event

Copy an Event

Execute an Event Immediately

Add an Import Event

To create a CSV Import event:

Go to the Scheduler form.

Use the screen tools (arrows and mini-calendar) to locate the day you wish to update.

Select the day and click Add Event.

Click the Event Parameters tab and complete the following fields:

Title: Type a title for the event. The title can contain up to 255 alphanumeric characters.

Start Date: Use the dialog box to select the Month, Day, and Year that the event is scheduled to start.

Time: Use the dialog box to select the Hour, AM/PM, and Minute that the event is scheduled to occur. Click Set to save your changes.

Repeats: Not applicable. Import events cannot repeat.

Click the Activity Parameters tab and complete the following fields:

Select Activity: Select File Import Application.

Click the file icon to open the Import Scheduler dialog box.

From the Import Scheduler dialog box, click Browse.

Navigate to the .csv file and then click Next.
A Validating Data dialog appears.

Review the data listed in the Import Preview window. If no errors are detected, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, click Previous to return to the Import dialog box, revise the import file data, and begin the import process again.

Click Import.

After the import is stopped, click OK to return to the form.

When the import completes successfully, click Finish.

Click Submit and then OK to save the new event.
The new event is added to the event list.

Add an Export Event

To create a CSV Export event:

Access the Scheduler form.

Use the screen tools (arrows and mini-calendar) to locate the day you wish to update.

Select the day and click Add Event.

Click the Event Parameters tab and complete the following fields:

Title: Type a title for the event. The title can contain up to 255 alphanumeric characters.

Start Date: Use the dialog box to select the Month, Day, and Year that the event is scheduled to start.

Time: Use the dialog box to select the Hour, AM/PM, and Minute that the event is scheduled to occur. Click Set to save your changes.

Repeats: Specify how often you want the event to repeat - Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, or Repeats Interval. If you select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly, the dialog expands, enabling you to customize the repetition interval. If you select Repeats Interval, you can specify the number up minutes between repeat events (up to 1440 minutes, or 24 hours), and whether you would like the event to be repeated continuously or a fixed number of times.

Click the Activity Parameters tab and complete the following fields:

Select Activity: Select CSV File Export Application.

Click in the Form to Export box and start typing keywords from the form's name. From the displayed list, select the form that you want to export (e.g. License and Option Selection).

Enter a File Name with no extension up to 22 characters. Use alphanumeric characters (a-z, A-Z, 0-9) plus _ and - only. "CSVExport" followed by the system name plus the date and time in 24-hour format is automatically appended to the file name.

Example: COS_Opts_CSVExport_mn25_20150527083512.csv

Click Submit and then OK to save the new event.
The new event is added to the event list.

NOTE: To run the event outside the normal schedule, see Execute an Event Immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back