Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Holding up for Ridicule

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ffat

Programmer
Oct 23, 1998
US
I received this spam from one of the forums I moderate:

Form and all joy is met for the authentic items for humans. The element of the ting and essay writing service reviews is signed out for the turns. The path is a failure for the youngsters and all elements for things for the individuals.

Either this is an alien, a bot, or a esoteric poet. Since it didn't have anything to do with the thread and was not understandable I banned them.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Or, an Alien Esoteric Poet Bot of the highest order! [bigsmile]

It is either extremely deep, or gibberish. Often the same thing.

This actually reminds me of a BBS I used to frequent back in the 80's (IIRC). It was called PATVAC, or Pavlov's Cat. There was a weekly theme and many posts appeared to be written by stoned poets. You could post almost anything and not be flamed for making no sense. The only flaming I ever saw there was when a normal outsider (who would now be called a 'Karen') would log in and try to make us be coherent and responsible.

Ah, good times.

Following a hunch, I used bugger translate to have this sentence translated into Chinese and back. Replacing "ting" with "thing" did not yield anything meaningful but replacing it with "Ting" led me to this:
The authentic items provided for mankind satisfy form and all happiness. The elements of Ding's article comments have checked out one by one. For young people, this path is a failure. For individuals, it is a failure of everything.

With "Ting" possibly referring to Shu Ting, a Chinese poet associated with the Misty Poets. [ponder]

"Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family." (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

This poor OP probably sees ting reviews, and essay writing reviews, and God knows what other reivews all day long and they have finally had enough!! When will youngsters learn? It may SEEM authentic (assuming they are human) and give form and all joy blah blah blah, but in the end... have they ever considered if it's signed in for the turns?

Let's all make an effort to sign in for the turns. For ourselves, but also for all the elements for things for the individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back