Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hold Timeout Notification (ring) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2017
US
I am asking about an Avaya IP office release 11.0.4.1.

The hold timeout(System-Telephony)option waits the specified number of seconds and then notifies the holding user with a continuous ring. Can this be changed? Can it be changed to a beep or an abbreviated ring? Can it be changed to ring once every specified seconds?

Hey Derfloh, i know you speak english as a second language and you speak english better than i speak your language. I dont usually say anything but your statement changed the meaning of your sentence a lot.
In English, out of my brain means you are insane or affected by drugs, rage, grief or stress.
You might want to use 'off the top of my head', 'from memory', or even IIRC ( if i recall correctly).

remembering Intrigrant 2019

From the dark depths of my soul, questions about ring tones and patterns are pretty useless if you don't also state the type of phones involved and the locale of the system.

The type of phones affects the extent to which ringing can be controlled by the system, the locale affects the default ring patterns used for different types of call.

If the phones are analog, then look at the "System | Telephony | Default Ring Back Sequence" setting.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

the type of phones involved : J169
locale of the system: United States
The ring back is a ring. once the timeout expires then the phone continuously rings. is there a chime tone that can be substituted or uploaded to the system?

Stop using hold and use the park feature....Or extend the hold recall timer.

remembering Intrigrant 2019

Nope, with the 9600 and J100 phones there's little that you can do. You can change the sound used for the ringing slightly (the phone's personal ring setting) but not the actual ring pattern and frequency.

The user can just press Ignore to quite the ringing if they really don't want to be bothered with the person they put on hold. Or increase the hold timeout setting a little so at

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back