Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hold beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
I had our help desk supervisor come over to me and ask if I could modify the amount of time it takes for the phone to beep when a person is on hold. He would like it to be a lesser amount of time because he is afraid his crew is leaving people on hold for too long and if it beeped more often they would have to come back to the person sooner. Can this be adjusted on the phone itself or is this a system wide setting? The model phone our help desk uses is a Meridian M2008. If you need any other info, please ask. Thanks.

Found how to change this.
LD 15
Reg: CHG
Type: TIM
Cust: 0
press enter until you get to DBRC and change this from any even number between 2-120

Worked great for me.

I thought it was a dipswitch setting on a card for that

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I have no idea what a dispswitch setting on a card means, but I decided to Google it while I waited and this is what I found. I guess I should I have taken a little more time before I posted, but hopefully what I found will help someone else searching on here.

The sound comes from the speaker, I assume from the same place as where the ringing comes from.

You must be talking about Held Reminder. I thought you meant the outside caller was hearing beeps.

No, this is so the help desk doesn't forget about the caller they put on hold. The caller doesn't hear this beep at all. Now it's come down to can I change the setting or not. Help desk wants it lowered, but a regular user might find that small of time interval annoying. Waiting on my boss to see if I can make it shorter or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back