Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hijacked browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyds

MIS
Aug 17, 2001
US
This is rampaging through my company. Started this morning as near as I can tell and is spreading quickly through our systems. Right now it's only effecting certain web pages.

Here's an example of what happens. I open my homepage which comes up fine. I type and I get a searchpage with a bunch of advertisements on it but the page says it's ups.com. If I type ups's ip address the real ups.com comes up.

I've run spybot, hijack this, adaware, symantec corp ed 9.0, adsspy, cwshredder, bugoff, emco malwarebouncer, microsoft antispyware. All the latest versions with updated defs.
Nothing found at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not a hijacked hosts file. Tried the file but no go. We've noticed that the issue comes and goes. It's almost like the dns has gone crazy. I'll update if I find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back