Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding columns in a tabular report

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuragvijay

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
Is it possible to hide certain columns in a tabular report based on the value of a prompt? For example if a prompt has value 1 then hide column A, show column B. If the prompt has value 2 show column A, hide column B. I know sections and tables can be hidden conditionally. But is it possible with a column?
Thanks.

Anurag,

You can't hide columns based on Prompt values. Not possible even with SDK. But the trick here is to have two Tables one with Column A and another with Column B one on top of the other. Now based on the Prompt Value put a condition in the table to hide accordingly i.e. you decide to show Table with Column A and not Column B and vice versa. Hope got my point.

Sri

you can try a workaround using the alerts. however this will only hide the content while the column will still appear in the table

Thanks Sridharan, Subhash

Your suggestions can easily be implemented in a full client report. But is there a way to do the same in a WebI report?

Thanks

Anurag,

I can't think of a way to do this in WebI. But looking at the problem this report is not a frequently done one or not a Adhoc requirement then how 'bout Subhash's suggestion using the FC repo in WebI. Is there any problem in doing that.

Sri

Hi Sri,

no problem in publishing a FC report to webI. But just wanted to know if it's possible for wqy reports as i needed this feature in some existing wqy reports. I guess it's not possible so have to create a FC report.

thanks

You can try to simplify things by resolving it on the cube level, hence resolving it at the Universe level, there by avoiding complications at WebI or ZABO clients.

"If you think you can't then you can't. If you think you can you might just be able to."

How 'bout downloading the WQY in a FC and then republishing it to the Repository after the necessary modification????

Sri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back