Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with unsolicited emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

associates

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have a problem here. I have my own mail server machine on my network. It's merak mail server.

The problem now is recently my mail server has been bombarded with lots of unsolicited emails or spams from some unknown and dodgy senders. I'm quite concerned now and don't know what the best thing to do. My antispam on merak mailserver is almost due to be expired soon and honestly have no plan in extending it. Apart from the antispam, are there anything else you suggest i should do?.
I read about the black&white list from merak and don't understand if this can help me. If it would, how to use it?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much and look forward to hearing from you.

The good thing about Merak Mail server anti-spam is that the tool will continue to work, but will stop updating. This is not so bad as you can manually index spam yourself (which should make your anti-spam more reliable if done properly).

The Filtering Black & White Lists are pretty handy, you can block ip address, email address, domain address etc.

I found that alot of bogus email address come from the same ip address, find out the ip address and block it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back