Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help using Flash and Front page....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm291113

Technical User
Jul 19, 2000
US
I am VERY new to flash....I have created a &quot;banner&quot; in flash that I want to put into my &quot;front page web site&quot; ... what is my next step in flash as far as saving it to place in my web page. I tried to save it as an &quot;animated gif.&quot; but when I placed it in the webpage it was &quot;dithered&quot; and it took up soooo much space...it was over &quot;62&quot; seconds on the &quot;download time line&quot; ...how do I prepare it to put into Front Page and then how do I put it in front page where it will look the same as it does in flash and that it does not take a huge amount of time to download....I have noticed that most banners do not need alot of &quot;download time&quot; to function .....Any Suggestions ???<br><br>I am completely in the dark on this...<br><br>thanks<br>Jerm291113

First I would take a look at the size of the movie in movie properties and make sure that the movie (animated gif in your case) is the same size as what you need, then when saving the gif , Flash gives you many options. Make the dpi a higher #. Are you changing the size of the animation once you have it in front page? This could case it to look grainy as well.If you try all this and it still doesent give you the final product you want, then I would save it as a SWF (shock wave file) and then import it into Front page. <p>Todd Norris<br><a href=mailto:Todd.Norris@home.com>Todd.Norris@home.com</a><br><a href= Personal Profile 2000</a><br>Hope this helps !

Just do what DJTN said at the end: Publish as swf and add it to the FrontPage document.<br><br>DJTN: Why would he create a movie in Flash to save it as anigif? That's what Flash is for. In the dark...<br><br>Sorry to be so sarcastic Jerm but that is just the worst thing to do with a Flash movie...<br><br>To do what you need,Save your movie and then go to File/Publish and this will create 2 or 3 files (depending on your File/Publish Settings) in the folder where you saved the movie:<br><br>YOURMOVIE.fla<br>YOURMOVIE.swf and maybe YOURMOVIE.htm<br><br>Open your FrontPage document that will contain the banner and then place the cursor where you want it to be, Insert Media and select Flash. Insert the SWF file into your page.<br><br>This will load much much faster that the anigif.<br><br>I hope this helped. <br><br><br> <p>Fernando Regueiro<br><a href=mailto:ferhelping@yahoo.com>ferhelping@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

ferhelp,<br><br>I have tried everything you told me to do but, i think I am doing somethign wrong because I can not get it to work in Front Page....<br><br>In Flash 4 I saved the movie...then I went to the &quot;publish properties&quot; and selected the &quot;flash.swf&quot; and the &quot; .html&quot; tabs.... THEN I went into Front Page 2000 and could not find the &quot;insert media&quot; like you had said to do before....the closest thing I could find was &quot;insert video&quot; so I clicked on that and then went to get my &quot;clip&quot; it would not show up in the &quot;show all video clips&quot; category so I had to switch it to &quot;show all files&quot; and then selected them from there and clicked 'insert&quot; ..BUT, it did not work...it inserted this little white box with a red &quot;x&quot; in it...I kept trying different things and I could not get it to work... WHAT am I doing wrong??? <br><br>I know it is not this difficult but, I am so new to all of this that I am not sure how to do it.. AHHHHH could someone please help me and give me a &quot;step by step&quot; on getting my &quot;Flash 4 Movie&quot; into a &quot;Front Page 2000&quot; webpage.....I am soooooooo STUCK!!!<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Jerm291113<br><br>thank you in advance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back