Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Please - Blackberry Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juandaman81

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2004
GB
Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction, our email hosting company (mailstreet) have enabled my account with the blackberry service and sent me my activation password. I input my email and password into my 8700v and it sits there saying activating, on my email i see an email come in from xxxblackberry.net telling me not to delete,move or respond to this email, then i get an email from our postmaster informing me that there has been an attachment violation, ept.dat, then the blackberry comes back with an Server not repsonding error. Am i doing something wrong or does this sound like the hosting company haven't set it up correctly

If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?

The etp.dat is what is required for the activation. If your system does not allow these attachments, you will not be able to activate your device.

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back