Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!!! groupwise, can receive but cannot send...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottSIT

Technical User
Mar 19, 2007
US
all outbound internet email is collecting in wpgate/send directory. we have changed the send threads to 200 and the server takes all 200 threads immediatly upon restarting. we have had to delete mail several times, but the server continues to run out of disk space.

Changing the threads won't help if there is something preventing mail from going outbound. Lots of things could cause that.. Firewall blocking port 25 - DNS Lookups not happening.

You need to put GWIA into VERBOSE logging mode, then watch the screen or check the logs to see what errors you are getting. It should be blatantly obvious.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

we were unable to determine exactly what caused the issue because shortly it was fixed.

We were able to determine that the mail would not resolve and sat in the send directory filling up untill disk space was full. we contacted people who determined that they had no requests from our servers through their switch so there was definitely a problem with the firewall or dns. I was unable to view the logs while this was occuring so i'm not sure of the exact errors. we have relay disabled so i'm thinking it atleast wasnt an attack, but i could be wrong. gwia is the only application that handles the smtp. which is hosted on another port other than 25 because of routing records, which i am not sure about.

thanks for the post though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back